Click here for a list of previous SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENTS
In 2023, NLPSPA will award four annually renewable scholarships as follows:
Scholarships (x4), one to a value of $2,000, a second to a value of $1,500.00, a third to the value of $1,000.00, and a fourth to the value of $500.00 to support a family member of an NLPSPA member (son, daughter, or grandson/granddaughter) to pursue post-secondary education at a recognized college, university or trades program to attain their educational goals, meet their professional objectives and succeed to their fullest potential
Scholarship Criteria: The Board of Directors will establish Eligibility Criteria that may be modified from time to time depending on available supportive funding, applicants’ demographics, and administrative infrastructure demand. NLPSPA has a Scholarship Committee to administer the Scholarship Program.
Scholarship Eligibility Criteria:
- High School graduate/Post-Secondary student;
- Accepted and registered to attend a post-secondary institute or trades program in September 2023 (two letters, one confirming acceptance at the post-secondary educational institute and one confirming enrollment verification);
- Two Letters of Reference, one of which should be from a teacher, guidance counselor, instructor or professor;
- Applicant or applicant’s family member must be a registered member in good standing of the Newfoundland and Labrador Public Sector Pensioners’ Association (membership ID number is required);
- Open to students pursuing a degree or non-degree program and in full or part-time attendance;
- Application to be supported by transcript of previous year’s final grades from high school or post-secondary institute.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS IS AUGUST 11, 2023
Previous winners are not eligible to apply.
Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
Application forms available from NLPSPA office by calling (709) 754-5730, toll-free 1-(800)-563-4188, email email@example.com or the NLPSPA website at www.nlpspa.ca
(NOTE: NLPSPA does not communicate by “text”)