Message from the Office for Aging and Seniors
June is Seniors Month in Newfoundland and Labrador
This year the theme for Seniors Month is “Participation is Ageless: Seniors join. Seniors play. Seniors coach.”
We urge seniors’ organizations and retiree groups to take some time to celebrate the importance of this month.
The following are some “participation” ideas that your organization might wish to use or pass along to your members. There are plenty of ways for seniors to participate and stay connected!
- Nurture your social network.
- Take a class
- Join a club.
- Get back in the workforce.
- Offer family assistance.
- Scrap-booking Club
- Trips and Tours
- Organize a Cooking Club
- Form a Morning Breakfast Group
- Grow a Community Garden
- Learn a Dance/Teach a Dance
- Arrange for a local dance teacher, or find a senior who is simply a good dancer, to come to the seniors centre to teach a dance, or consider visiting a dance studio.
We will be making available materials including posters, magnets, buttons and bookmarks from the Ageless Campaign; and information on Advance Health Care Directives.
An order form is attached for you to complete and submit to us.
Please let us know your how your organization plans to highlight Seniors Month!