NLPSPA will award two annually renewable (unless otherwise decided by the Board of Directors) scholarships: one valued at $500.00 to an NLPSPA member or member’s spouse or partner; and, the other valued at $1,000.00 to a relative of an NLPSPA member who is pursuing post secondary education or a community college program.
The NLPSPA Scholarship Program:
- Will provide one scholarship of $500.00 to support a member, or the member’s spouse or partner to pursue post secondary educational opportunities that will enhance their retirement living and independence; and,
- Will provide one scholarship of $1,000.00 to support a family member of an NLPSPA member (son, daughter, or grandson/granddaughter) to pursue post-secondary education at a recognized college, university or trades program to attain their educational goals, meet their professional objectives, and succeed to their fullest potential.
Scholarship Criteria: The Board of Directors will establish Eligibility Criteria that may be modified from time to time depending on available supportive funding, applicants’ demographics, and administrative infrastructure demand. NLPSPA will establish a Scholarship Committee to administer the Scholarship Program.
- High School graduate;
- Accepted and registered to attend a post secondary institute or trades program in September 2017 (letter of confirmation required);
- Applicant or applicant’s family member must be a registered member in good standing of the Newfoundland and Labrador Public Sector Pensioners’ Association (membership ID number is required);
- Open to students pursuing a degree or non-degree program and in full or part-time attendance;
- Application to be supported by transcript of previous year’s grades.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS IS AUGUST 15, 2017