NLPSPA will award two annually renewable scholarships and a membership educational assistance program (unless otherwise decided by the Board of Directors), as follows:
Scholarships (x2), one to a value of $1,500.00 and a second to the value of $1,000.00, to support a member or a family member of an NLPSPA member (son, daughter, or grandson/granddaughter) to pursue post-secondary education at a recognized college, university or trades program to attain their educational goals, meet their professional objectives, and succeed to their fullest potential.
Scholarship Criteria: The Board of Directors will establish Eligibility Criteria that may be modified from time to time depending on available supportive funding, applicants’ demographics, and administrative infrastructure demand. NLPSPA will establish a Scholarship Committee to administer the Scholarship Program.
Scholarship Eligibility Criteria:
- High School graduate;
- Accepted and registered to attend a post secondary institute or trades program in September 2018 (letter of confirmation required);
- Two Letters of Reference, one of which should be from a teacher or guidance counselor;
- Applicant or applicant’s family member must be a registered member in good standing of the Newfoundland and Labrador Public Sector Pensioners’ Association (membership ID number is required);
- Open to students pursuing a degree or non-degree program and in full or part-time attendance;
- Application to be supported by transcript of previous year’s grades.
Membership Educational Assistance: Financial support not to exceed $500.00 to support a member(s), or the member’s spouse or partner to pursue post secondary educational opportunities or a recognized training or life long learning program that will enhance their retirement living and independence. The funding may be subdivided at the discretion of the NLPSPA Scholarship Committee. Members must submit a detailed letter including their full name, address, NLPSPA membership status and number, confirmation of registration for the program of study, fees details, and specify how this assistance will be beneficial.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS IS AUGUST 15, 2018